Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sam is doing great!

9 weeks


Well the surgery went really well for Samuel. It was success and opened up the valve and helped the heart work without so much pressure. He now only has a mild to moderate blockage and we just pray that it stays that way. Samuel recovered really well from the anesthesia and was eating by about 5:00 that night. We got home from the hospital about noon yesterday and he took a good nap. We are so thankful for all the people that were praying for Sam. John and I were very nervous but had a peace that transcended all understanding. We had lots of support at the hospital and people distracted us from worry during the 3 hour surgery. So Sam has proven to us already that he is a strong little guy. Thank you so much for your support. We go back to the cardiologist in 2 weeks for a check up. It sounds like we will become great friends with the doctors throughout Sam's life because we will have to monitor his progress closely. Thank the Lord that they found this problem early.

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Yay! Sam is doing great! A couple of random thoughts about your pictures from this time around: 1. He looked a little like John to me in those pics! 2. How old is Miss OK? Like 12? Does this mean that I am old? Ug. :-) Seriously though, I'm so glad Sam's recovering well.

Alisa N. said...

I love the pic of you & Samuel - so sweet:) Glad you could come to play group today!

kuliejellogg said...

I am so glad to hear the good news. I was praying for him and anxious to hear how things went. Praise the Lord!

Tracy said...

Hopefully a post soon. Life is very busy and very difficult right now, posting is low on the priority list! But I need to take my pictures off my camera soon anyway, so hopefully I will have time to do that soon. Happy Opening Ceremony Day. Hope to see you all again soon.