Sunday, July 6, 2008

Friends and Fun!

Friends and Fun!


This past week has been really busy for the Sherrer family. Samuel made his first overnight trip and he did great. We went to Arkansas to celebrate the wedding of some of our closest friends. We stayed the night with John's grandparents and my mom (Nana) came to help us with Samuel because John and I both had roles in the wedding. We stayed 3 nights and we were all very tired when we got home. Then John took the whole week off to be with us and we took an overnight trip to Burns Flat to visit family. We enjoyed our visit and loved having other people to hold Samuel during some of his crankier times. The funny thing about overnight trips is that it used to take us about 20 minutes to get everything packed and get out the door, but now that Samuel is with us it takes us all day and somehow we are still late getting out the door. I'm proud of myself though...I did not forget one thing for Samuel on either trip. I wish I could say the same for me and John. Sorry there are no pictures of our July 4th activites. We spent Thursday and Friday watching Daddy play in a softball tournament. It was fun, but Samuel doesn't like being hot, so mommy spent most of the games holding and comforting him. Needless to say, the camera didn't come out of the bag. However, I was able to catch him smiling for the camera (in the comfort of our cool home). Isn't it so cute. I can't wait to have lots more pictures or him cheesing it up for us!

2 comments:

kuliejellogg said...

What a cute smile he has! You guys looked great at the wedding. Aren't Nanas wonderful?

Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness! What incredible photos! Joni, you look simply amazing. There is NO WAY you had a baby just a few weeks ago!

Mom said she enjoyed getting to see you guys so much. I am so jealous that she got to give Samuel a cuddle! If you're not too busy, maybe I could come by while we're in OKC for baby Price's delivery?