Wednesday, April 7, 2010

She's Here!

Sydney Jo

Well we have had our baby girl home with us for almost two weeks now! Believe it or not, the transition has been pretty easy...(so far)! Sydney Jo Sherrer came to us on March 25 at 12:33 weighing a mighty 8 lbs 13 oz and 20 1/4 inches long. She had the chubbiest cheeks and lots of dark hair! I couldn't believe the hair and we are still wondering where she got it from, but it is beautiful and can already hold a small bow!!! The c-section went as planned and was much better than the first experience I had. I actually found myself amazed at my coherent thinking and talking abilities as I was talking to the doctors who were performing the surgery. Medical science is amazing! The recovery has been good too, but I'm not going to say it's been a breeze.

Like I expected, all my anxieties were wasted energy, cause I've recovered well and Samuel has adjusted better than I ever imagined he would. He was nervous when I was in the hospital and he came to visit, but was excited about the "baby". The first day we came home Sam had some adjustment issues, but after that he has been really good. He likes to kiss his baby sister and always includes her in any reading, singing, praying or family time we have. I can't wait to see how close they become.

We have lots of pictures from the hospital and our first day home. We are so proud of our new family! I wondered how I could love a second baby as much as the first, but like everyone has told me, you just do. I say that God just expands your heart to welcome the new love in. I can't really believe how fulfilled and blessed I feel to have such a wonderful family! God is so good! Enjoy the pictures. There will be more to come!

No comments: