Wednesday, March 24, 2010

March!

March 2010

What an exciting month it has been for the Sherrer family! It started with me in the hospital for contractions. After our third visit they put me on some oral medicine to stop them and make me more comfortable. They don't appear to be progressive contractions, just uncomfortable and annoying. So, I've been taking some medicine everyday to keep them controlled, but it has also made me slow down a lot. I've been very thankful for my family who have pitched in to help with Sam and the final preperations for Sydney. My mom and John's mom & dad have been so great and John has really stepped it up with the work around the house and taking care of Sam! We have been coutning down the days till Sydney's arrival.

Another big change this month is that John switched jobs! Great timing, I know, but we couldn't pass up the opportunity. So far it is going really well, but he is very busy and trying to learn all the new stuff that comes with a new job!

Last, but definetly not least, Sydney will make her grand appearance tomorrow! We are scheduled to have the repeat c-section at noon, March 25th. We are very excited to finally meet her. I don't really think Sam understands fully what is about to happen, but he is very interested in babies and he know's someone named Sydney is coming soon. We are praying that he loves her and that his adjustment to having a sister is as smooth as possible. I'll try to post some pictures soon, but don't get your hopes too high. I think my motto for starting out with two kids is going to be "low expectations". If I can reach the low expectations then maybe we will start working on something other than just getting through each day. This day by day thinking is helping me relax.

We can't wait to show off our new family!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the day is already here! Congrats in advance on Sydney's arrival! If you need any advice/help in the baby girl after a boy dept., I'm here! Seriously...could our birth experiences be any similar? Baby boy via c-section followed by baby girl via c-section 2 years later! Crazy! Let me know if you need ANYTHING!

And you're already way ahead of me...Hadley's 20 months old and there are still things not hanging on her wall!

Hoping your 2nd birth is as fun as the first! If it helps, my recovery with Hadley seemed to be MUCH faster than with J.J....maybe because my body already knew what hit it from the first time. I was actually walking around with minimal pain (thank you percoset and ibuprofen!) the day after she was born.

Aubrey said...

We can't wait to see Sydney! Lots of love to all four Sherrers!