Friday, October 9, 2009

Weekend Getaway

Dallas trip

Over Labor Day weekend,(sorry this post is so late) John and I went to Dallas for the weekend. This was our first time to be away without Samuel. John has been away for work a little, but I had never spent a single night away from my baby. I felt like it was time to give it a try, especially in light of the new baby on the way. So Samuel went to stay with his Nana and Grandpa Jay in Burns Flat and John and I went to Dallas for some shopping and to catch the first OU game. Leaving Sam was really difficult, but once I was away from him I was able to relax and enjoy it. I loved eating at a restaurant and only worring about what I was going to eat, sleeping in, not scheduling my life around nap time, no ice chest of milk and juice, no pack n play or stroller. It was some great adult time. However, I think I called every 3 hours to check on him. We left on Friday and went to join him on Sunday and I was so happy to see him. He had a great time with his Nana and Grandpa. They spoiled him with icecream and staying up late and attention galore. I don't think he missed us at all, but he was happy to see us when we returned. I loved having some time to be with John doing the things we "used" to do, but I love having Sam, even with all the extra things that come with it. Being his mommy is the best!

No comments: