Monday, June 8, 2009

Daring boy

Daring Boy

I've learned lately that Samuel is a daring little man. I think he is a climber too. This combination makes me very nervous! Last week Sam learned how to climb in and out of his little red car. He turns in every direction and usually ends up standing up and trying to stand on top of the back seat only holding the handle that I push it with. I'm trying very hard to teach him that he shouldn't do that, but he keeps trying. He has also recently found his way INTO the bath tub. One day I was putting laundry away in my room and he went crawling away into the bathroom and before I was able to follow him he dove into the bathtub and successfully got inside by himself. Since then, he always heads straight towards the tub. I was able to watch him do it the other day (because he is incredibly fast) and he is pretty good at diving and crawling in without a hitch. He still isn't walking, or attempting to, but why should he? He is such a fast crawler and he gets to anything and everywhere that he wants. I, however, am very ready for him to walk. 24 pounds is a lot to carry around everywhere and something about being on his hands and knees in certain places does not appeal to me. Besides, I don't think that it will change much for him, in fact it might slow him down...for a minute. Anyway, wish me luck and pray that my little adventurous one stays safe.

No comments: